Students must remain out of school if they present with any of the following symptoms:
- A temperature of 100°F or higher. Students must stay home for a minimum of 24 hours until their temperature returns to normal without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting within the last 24 hours.
- Persistent upset stomach or headache.
- Sore throat with fever and/or swollen glands. Wait for throat culture results before sending the student back to school. Positive results require antibiotic treatment for 24 hours before returning to school.
Rashof unknown origin.
- Red, itchy, painful eyes.
- Known head lice. Live lice require immediate treatment, after which student may return for the remainder of the treatment regimen.
- Any confirmed communicable disease/condition: influenza, mononucleosis, staph infection, etc.