Music in itself is essential. It is one of the most important manifestations of our cultural heritage. It provides a powerful form
In music class, students will stretch their potential. Each child’s voice has value and strength. We work towards equipping children with the necessary tools to become, in Dr. John Feierabend’s words, “tuneful, beautiful, artful” human beings; thus empowering them to become empathetic, cooperative members of society, working and living with dignity. These concepts and skills will help guide children in acting with compassion and kindness.
Students in the older grades may deepen their musical experiences through a variety of specialized classes and clubs.
- Beginning Band (Grade 4) meets twice a week during school hours. Once by class, for group lessons with other woodwinds or brass, and once with
- Intermediate Band (Grades 5 & 6) meets twice a week during school hours. Students will meet once for small group work and once with full grade band.
- Advanced Band (Grades 7 & 8)meets twice a week during school hours. There are no scheduled times for group lessons. However, students may come after school or during
a lunchfor extra help when needed.
- Chorus (Grades 7 & 8 or Grades 5 & 6) meets twice a week during school hours.
- Spring Musical takes place after school with rehearsals scheduled as needed. Auditions begin in late January with a performance in April or May.
Performance Opportunities May include…
- Deerfield Fair Opening Ceremonies Field Trip
- Concord High School 8th Grade Band Night
- NHBDA Honors Band Festival
- Veterans Day Assembly
- UNH Hockey Game Fundraiser
- Winter Concert
- Artist in Residence Sharing
- Spring Concert
- Fisher Cats National Anthem
- NHMEA Music Festival
- MS Mount Washington Cruise
66 North Road
Deerfield, NH 03037